Official statement of Queensland Russian Community Centre Committee |
We have had an increasing number of questions relating to our relationship with the Committee of Russian program group radio 4EB FM.
The Russian community is clearly divided between those who support the action group advocating for change in the Russian program 4EB FM radio and those who contend that the group allegedly wants to close? radio ...
False rumors, often spread by people whose views are listened to, have forced the Management Committee of the Russian Community Centre to issue an official statement on behalf of the initiative group. To view statement please click here http://www.qldruscentre.com/reklama/Radio 4EB_QRCC Statement_E-1.pdf.
A relationship with a committee of the Russian program 4EB FM radio developed as follows:
- In late August 2010 the newly elected Management Committee of the Queensland Russian Community Centre (QRCC) turned to the Committee of Russian program 4EB FM radio with a request to allocate 5-10 minutes of air time to cover the events taking place in the Russian Community Centre and Queensland in general. This initiative of the QRCC Management Committee was dictated by concern for those who do not have access to the Internet and for whom radio is the only source of information about the society of which we are.
- Only three times we were allowed to broadcast, after which, despite the very positive reviews, in the studio we were no longer allowed. The pretext was this: only financial members of the Russian group of 4EB FM radio have the right to broadcast.
In response, QRCC, and all members of the Management Committee became the financial members of the radio 4EB FM.
- Immediately appeared the next 'hurdle' - we had to complete special broadcasting courses, provided by the radio 4EB FM and offered to its financial members for free. Despite the fact that we did not understand why 'guest of the program' must complete courses, financial members, interested in future broadcasting filled application forms in October 2010.
Please note, that to date these applications still not approved by the Committee of the Russian group of the radio 4EB FM.
- At the same time and without explanation, we were denied the right to submit our pre-prepared news for the program to be read out by the newsreader
- Later, we’ve heard rumors about yet another reason put forward by the committee of the Russian group. As it turned out some of our community news were considered by the Committee of the Russian program's group as advertisement. The question of what constitutes advertising, and what constitute information only of course debatable. However, we sincerely believe that all this could be discussed and come to a consensus. On many occasions, Representatives of the QRCC Management Committee tried to meet with a committee of the Russian program group for a discussion, but to no avail.
- After all our attempts failed, it was decided to examine the statutes of the radio 4EB FM and act on the basis of its constitution.
- In October - November 2010, 32 new financial members have joined Russian program 4EB FM radio. These new members are strong supporters of the initiatives related to positive changes within Russian group of the Radio 4EB FM.
Supported by constitutional majority, we have addressed the Committee of the Russian group with a proposal on the division of broadcasting time. But instead of meeting us and discussing our proposal over a cup of tea, some members of the committee of the Russian radio group sent its forces to spread false rumors. Anonymous and insulting threats were sent to one of the initiative group member.
The only explanation that could be found that is the reluctance to improve the existing program, the fear of competition and an attempt to once again divide the community to 'ours and not ours'.
The silence and incorrect action of the committee of the Russian radio program group has left us with only one option, namely to revisit the constitution, which envisages the convening of an extraordinary meeting at the request of not less than 40% of financial members. Enlisting the support of the majority, we express distrust to the current committee of the Russian radio program group 4EB FM.
It's no secret that in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast there are professional Russian radio journalists, writers and linguists who are able to take the Russian radio to a completely new level and, therefore, attract more listeners. We also have respected members of the community, whose knowledge and experience will bring an invaluable contribution to the development of Russian radio in Brisbane.
Extraordinary meeting of financial members of the Russian group radio 4EB FM radio is set for April 17, 2011.
Come and make the right choice!